Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour
Position: Youth Homeless Response Team (YHRT) Coordinator
Location: Based in Watsonville, CA but will attend meetings, etc. and provide services throughout Santa Cruz County
Hours: 30-37.5 hours per week
Salary: $17-$18/hour to start; eligible for up to 6% increase based on merit after 4 month evaluation.
Benefits: Medical, vision, dental (employee pays half of dental), & life insurance, 24 days annual leave,
and 12 paid holidays per year (prorated), retirement plan after 6 months.
To Apply: Open until filled; Please submit resume and cover letter ASAP.
Background: The mission of the Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, Inc. (CAB) is to: partner with the community to eliminate poverty and create social change through advocacy and essential services. CAB runs 6 component anti-poverty programs, including the Alcance employment and related services program for youth and adults.
The Youth Homeless Response Team (YHRT), part of the newly formed and HUD funded Youth Homeless Demonstration Project (YHDP) collaborative, is a new effort to work across systems in a multi-disciplinary (MDT) format with partners to identify and connect homeless and at-risk unaccompanied youth and young adults (YYA) ages 15-24 to the individualized services and assistance they need to thrive, including Coordinated Entry, referrals and individualized plans and case management to achieve housing, education and/or employment and support network goals. CAB is the YHRT lead agency, in partnership with the Santa Cruz County Office of Education (COE). The position will be based at CAB, in its Alcance office in downtown Watsonville, but will provide services and conduct duties throughout the County.
General Duties: Under the direction of Alcance’s Assistant Program Director, the YHRT Coordinator is responsible for coordinating team meetings, trainings and activities, YHRT Peer Liaisons, and managing YYA client flow through services to ensure housing and other outcomes are met, data is tracked, analyzed and reported for evaluation and continuous program improvement.
- Secure and/or assist in developing/leading technical assistance and evidence based practices (EBP) training.
- Help recruit, train and supervise YHRT YYA Peer Liaisons who will assist with outreach and service provision.
- Conduct and oversee assessments and services for YYA clients within the YHRT team scope of service.
- Convene and facilitate regular YHRT team (CAB and COE) and MDT meetings for program implementation, case coordination and outcomes monitoring.
- Provide leadership within YHRT to ensure clients are “navigated” through services to ensure successful outcomes.
- Create and maintain data/outcomes tracking systems and produce regular reports for team members, partners, the YHDP, funders, etc.
- Assist in seeking out additional funding sources, and maintain relationships with local funding source personnel and other service providers.
- Actively participate in relevant internal and external meetings/committees as needed and assigned.
- Provide and oversee direct client assistance including case management and individualized goal plans creation, application processes, eligibility requirements, reporting, and client services including information and referral.
- Provide health and Medi-Cal outreach, information, referral, eligibility, and access assistance as needed by participants.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A. in Social Services or related field; B.A. in related field preferred OR 4 years of experience in social service casework/eligibility/outreach or relevant work/experience.
- Professional experience with homeless or housing services; personal, lived experience with these issues and services, PREFERRED.
- Strong bilingual/bi-literate (verbal and written) Spanish and English skills, REQUIRED, with ability to translate documents.
- Valid CA driver’s license, good driving record and vehicle insurance REQUIRED.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines and oversee multiple project aspects at a time;
- Demonstrated ability in documentation, record keeping, outcomes tracking and reporting; Strong knowledge of and experience with MS Office Suite, including Excel and Access, experience with homeless database programs (such as HMIS) PREFERRED.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, decision making and strategic thinking and advocacy capacities;
- Knowledge of the unique nature of major cultural groups within Santa Cruz County, as well as the principles of and practices of cultural sensitivity;
– Knowledge of Santa Cruz County public and private housing and social service resources;
- Ability to provide on-going review of service delivery systems and make recommendations to improve them;
- Strong professional writing and oral communication skills, demonstrated competency in public speaking and facilitation, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Effectively and professionally respond to inquiries/concerns from YYA clients, partners, service providers and other stakeholders.
The hired candidate will adhere to CAB’s standard of upholding the agency’s mission, values and code of ethics through a commitment to confidentiality and communication.
This program is categorically funded by grants. A decision will be made prior to the following grant cycle regarding continuation of the position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (cancer related), marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age (over 18), veteran status, gender, pregnancy, or any other non-merit factors unrelated to job duties. AA/EOE