Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
Position: Job Developer
Program: Alcance – AB 109/SmartHire components
Location: CAB Watsonville Office: 406 Main Street, Watsonville
Hours per week: 20 hours per week until December 31, 2018. 40 hours per week including occasional weekends and evenings starting January 1, 2019.
Salary Range: $18 – $20/per hour to start, eligible for up to 6% merit increase after four month evaluation.
Benefits: 24 days annual leave to start, and 12 paid holidays per year (prorated to hours worked). Medical, vision, dental (employee only, employee pays half of dental), and life insurance as of January 1, 2019. Retirement plan (401K plan after six month of employment).
Reports to: Employment Programs Director, Alcance
To Apply: Open until filled, apply ASAP. Mail resume and cover letter to CAB, Attn Sergio, 406 Main Street, Suite #207, Watsonville, CA, 95076, or fax to 831-724-3447.
Overview:CAB’s Alcance Program is one of the six component programs of the Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, Inc. (CAB). CAB’s mission is to partner with the community to eliminate poverty and create social change through advocacy and essential services. Alcance provides adult and youth alternatives to incarceration, and workforce development services for re-entry individuals and those transitioning from welfare to work through the provision of employment readiness, training, mentoring and placement. In each of these service areas the program follows a strengths-based, and outcomes/sales approach and integrates evidence based practices from workforce development and criminal justice research, advancing employment as one of the most important vehicles for promoting self-sufficiency for under-resourced participants.
Under the direction of the Employment Programs Director, the Job Developer will establish and maintain relationships with employers that provide job/career opportunities for low-income older youth (18-24) and adults (18 and over), ensuring successful employment outcomes.
- Establish linkages with employers to develop subsidized and unsubsidized job opportunities; 2) works with local employers, business and community organizations to ensure successful placements for participants/clients and employers. The position markets CAB’s AB 109 and SmartHIRE employment programs to employers on behalf of older youth and Participants include those re-entering the community after incarceration, and those transitioning from welfare to work. Involves use of own automobile and may include transportation of participants/clients. This position is funded through grants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seek out and communicate with local employers for job leads and to develop community based work for CAB’s AB 109 and SmartHIRE participants/clients.
- Work in conjunction with other CAB staff, Probation and County CalWORKs staff to identify appropriate participant and business employment matches.
- Meet with employers, CAB program staff and other partner agencies concerning work site analyses, job analyses, placements and other matters related to creating successful employment placements for employers and participants/clients.
- Write administrative and progress reports regarding employer satisfaction and track client progress and employer satisfaction to produce reports and ensure program outcomes are
- Operation of office machines including computer work
- Provide health and Medi-Cal outreach, information, referral, eligibility, and access assistance as needed by participants/employers.
-Job development and job placement techniques with employers on behalf of older youth (18-24) and adults.
-Local employers, job market, community resources and organizations that provide assistance to individuals with employment related services.
-Successful marketing techniques and practices.
-Job content and employment qualifications for various occupations.
-Vocational education programs and career information sources.
-Vocational assessment methods.
-Job search and interview skills.
-Strong computer skills – MS Office Suite including Word and Excel.
-City, State and Federal laws, regulations, and codes related to employment and Equal Employment Opportunity and The American with Disabilities Act.
-Motivate employers to become involved with the program.
-Maintain good relationships with employers.
-Impart and obtain information tactfully and accurately.
-Match individuals to jobs openings.
-Ability to effectively speak publically and ability to facilitate groups, classes, or meetings
-Work effectively with diverse individuals from a variety of educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds and with various backgrounds and special needs in a culturally competent manner.
-Understand and apply eligibility requirements related to special programs.
-Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
-Exercise sound judgment and multi-task.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations, psychology, or an area related to job development is desired. Public contact experience, marketing background is preferred. Demonstrated professional experience in job development preferred.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
California driver’s license, clean driving record, proof of insurance and automobile REQUIRED.
Proficiently speak and write in English and Spanish is REQUIRED.
This position is categorically funded by grants. A decision will be made prior to the following grant cycle regarding continuation of the position.
The* hired candidate will adhere to CAB’s standard of upholding the agency’s mission, values and code of ethics through a commitment to confidentiality and communication.*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (cancer related), marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age (over 18), veteran status, gender, pregnancy, or any other non-merit factor unrelated to job duties.