The Executive Advancement and Administrative Specialist position provide support to the Executive Director (ED) and the Executive Team to ensure the advancement goals and objectives of the Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, Inc. (CAB) are achieved.
POSITION: Executive Advancement and Administrative Specialist
AGENCY: Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, Inc.
HOURS: 30-35 hrs per week
STARTING RANGE: $17.00-20.00 per hour
BENEFITS: Medical, dental (employee only, employee pays half of dental), and life insurance, Vision and Retirement plan (401K plan after six-month of employment), 24 days annual leave to start, and 12 paid holidays per year
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Responsibilities and Duties
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Advancement Duties
- Coordinate and support the implementation of the agency Strategic Plan and agency Organizational Standards; lead meetings, formulate and support steering committee and action teams, create timelines, ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure agency advancement and outreach materials are updated, consistent and standardized and aligned to agency branding Ensures that all agency materials are translated appropriately per approved procedures and well organized.
- Provide support and lead special projects, events and agency advancement efforts which include:
–Promotional materials: the agency annual report, newsletters, brochures, donor correspondence (both electronic and “hard copy”), website and social media management.
–Supporting and synthesizing of community response data including client satisfaction survey results, Community Action Plan initiatives, and organizational standards, as needed.
–Special events and advancement initiatives may include but are not limited to fundraisers, community workshops, open houses and agency meetings and agency presentations.
- Serve as the liaison and staff support to the Board’s Advancement Committee, attend meetings, drive goals.
- Support volunteer management for the agency, provide supervision to administrative volunteers, lead outreach efforts, train and supervise as needed.Administration Support Duties
- Provide high-level, confidential administrative support to the office of the ED and ensures support to the ED for Board needs, assisting with preparation of Board and committee agendas, generating board informational packets, taking board minutes, and general correspondence.
- Provide clerical, administrative, and project-based support; may include scheduling meetings, handling information requests, filing, preparing reports and general, overall, organizational support, maintains ED’s Outlook calendar, provides meeting preparation and follow-ups, creates and maintains filing systems, as needed.
- Interact with agency donors, visitors, partners in person and by phone and e-mail, and provide information/referral for those seeking general or specific social service Provides strong client service through respectful and efficient service delivery.
- Interface with vendors, contract technical assistance provider, and assist staff with equipment and technical issues, such as copier/printer, phones, etc.
- Provide human resources support to Executive Team, including assisting with recruitments and onboarding and exiting staff.
- Maintain inventory and order supplies for central administration and programs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under deadlines and produce professional, detailed projects in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Spanish .
- Understand and support the agency mission and client base and provide strong client service skills.
- Strong computer knowledge including all aspects of Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher/graphics software, E-mail and e-contact programs such as Constant Contact, donor database software, Web page creation and maintenance and social media.
- Ability to project a professional demeanor and competently deliver presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize activities.
- Ability to type at least 55 words per minute.
- Ability to analyze situations, prioritize, and create action plans to accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
- Valid California driver license with an excellent driving record and an insured vehicle.
- Committed to the mission of the agency with a thorough understanding of cultural competency.
- BA preferred in social services, psychology, sociology or related field and/or equivalent experience (3 years) in high-level Administrative/Executive Assistant.
- The hired candidate will adhere to CAB’s standard of upholding the agency’s mission, values and code of ethics through a commitment to confidentiality and communication.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (cancer-related), marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age (over 18), veteran status, gender, pregnancy, or any other non-merit factor unrelated to job duties.
Medical, dental (employee only, the employee pays half of dental), and life insurance, Vision, and Retirement plan (401K plan after six-month of employment), 24 days annual leave to start, and 12 paid holidays per year.