Watsonville, CA 95076
Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 /hour
Overview:CAB’s Alcance Program is one of the six component programs of the Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, Inc. The mission of the agency is to partner with the community to eliminate poverty and create social change through advocacy and essential services. The Alcance program provides adult and youth alternative to incarceration, re-entry, and workforce development services through the provision of employment readiness, training, mentoring and placement. In each of these service areas, the program follows a strengths and evidence based/informed, and outcomes/sales approach, advancing employment as one of the most important self-sufficiency strategies for those who are under-resourced. Under the direction of the Program Director, the Employment Placement Specialist will provide job readiness support for participants and coordinate with employers/community partners to ensure successful employment outcomes.
1) Establish linkages with employers to develop subsidized and unsubsidized job opportunities; 2) Works with local employers, business and community organizations to ensure successful placements for participants/clients and employers and; 3) Works with CAB, and other community partners who provide collaborative (e.g., wrap around) services to participants/clients. The position supports the CAB employment programs for older youth and adults. This position is funded through grants. Involves use of own automobile and may include transportation of participants/clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure program placement goals are met by ensuring high quality and responsive relationships with program participants and employers/community partners.
- Identify appropriate participant and business employment matches.
- Support participant success by providing, creating and implementing job readiness services to participants, including communicating employer expectations, appropriate workplace behavior, and interview preparation.
- Conduct work site analyses, job analyses, and other matters related to creating successful employment opportunities and placements for participants/clients.
- In conjunction with participants’ County Human Services Department staff, provide supportive wrap around career counseling and case management support as needed.
- Conduct interviews to assess strengths, challenges and goals of participants/clients.
- Provide information and referrals to clients as appropriate regarding safety-net services (health and human services).
- Maintain close and clear communication with team members and supervisor re: outcomes attainment.
- Set-up and organize client files and write administrative and progress reports regarding participant achievement and employer satisfaction; perform related data entry and contribute to required reports.
- Participate in agency wide meetings and trainings.
- Provide health and Medi-Cal outreach, information, referral, eligibility, and access assistance as needed by participants.
- Operation of office machines including computer work station.
- Other duties as assigned.
-Job development techniques with employers and job placement techniques with older youth (18-24) and adults. -Local employment market, community resources and organizations. -Job content and employment qualifications for various occupations. -Career information sources and vocational education programs. -Successful marketing techniques and practices. -Santa Cruz County businesses, community agencies, & organizations that provide assistance to individuals with employment related services. -Vocational assessment methods; Job search and interview skills.
-Proficient computer skills – MS Office Suite. -City, State and Federal laws, regulations, and codes related to employment and Equal Employment Opportunity and The American with Disabilities Act.
-Motivate employers to become involved with the program and maintain good relationships with employers.
-Impart and obtain information tactfully and accurately -Match individuals to jobs openings.
-Ability to effectively speak publicly and ability to facilitate groups, classes, or meetings
-Work effectively with individuals from a variety of educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds and with various backgrounds and special needs in a culturally competent manner.
-Understand and apply eligibility requirements related to special programs.
-Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
-Speak and write English/Spanish, required.
-Exercise sound judgment and multi-task.
-Keep documentation organized and accessible and meet deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations, psychology, or an area related to job development is desired, or equivalent related experience. Public contact experience and sales/marketing background is preferred. Demonstrated professional experience in job development preferred.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Clean driving record, California driver’s license, proof of insurance and automobile. Employees in this classification must maintain insurability at CAB’s standard rate during the term of employment.