POSITION: Executive Assistant
AGENCY: Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, Inc.
HOURS: 30 hours per week
STARTING RANGE: $17.00-20.00 per hour
BENEFITS: Medical, dental (employee only, employee pays half of dental), life insurance, vision, and Retirement plan (401K plan after six month of employment), 24 days annual leave to start, and 12 paid holidays per year.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The Executive Assistant position provides critical support to the office of the Executive Director(ED) and as directed by the ED, will also support the Executive Administration Team, the Leadership Team, and the Board of Directors to ensure the goals and objectives of the Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, Inc. (CAB) are achieved.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide high-level, confidential administrative support to the office of the ED and ensures support to the ED for Board needs, assisting with preparation of Board and committee agendas, generating board informational packets, taking board minutes, and may serve as administrative liaison to the Board as directed by ED.
- Provide clerical, administrative, and project-based support; including but not limited to managing complex calendar of ED, coordinating meetings/conferences, handling information requests, filing, organizing and preparing reports.
- Ensure agency outreach materials are updated, consistent, standardized and aligned with agency branding. Ensures that all agency materials are well organized and translated (English/Spanish) as appropriate.
- Provide support to and lead special projects, events and agency advancement efforts which include the agency annual report, newsletters, brochures, donor correspondence (both electronic and “hard copy”), etc.
- Special events and advancement initiatives may include but are not limited to fundraisers, community workshops, and agency meetings and presentations.
- Greet and welcome executive team and agency visitors in person, by phone and e-mail, and provide information/referral for those seeking general or specific social service information.
- Provides strong client service through respectful and efficient service delivery.
- Interface with vendors and contract technical assistance provider; assist staff with equipment and technical issues, such as copier/printer, phones, etc.
- Provide human resources support to Executive Administrative Team, including assisting with recruitments, and on-boarding of staff.
- Facilitate the implementation of the agency Strategic Plan and agency Organizational Standards; co/lead meetings, support steering committee and action teams, create/support timelines, ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintain inventory and order supplies for central administration and programs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned,.
- B.A. or equivalent 4 years of experience in administrative support, minimum 2 years of which must be at a high level Administrative/Executive Assistant experience or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects and under strict deadlines.
- Ability to produce professional, detailed and accurate projects in a timely manner.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, in both languages.
- Understand and support the agency mission and client base; possess strong customer service skills.
- Excellent computer knowledge including all aspects of: Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher/graphics software, E-mail and e-contact programs such as Constant Contact, donor database software, etc.
- Strong web page creation and maintenance skills and ability to maintain effective communication across all social media including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Ability to project a professional, competent demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations, organize, prioritize and create action plans to accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to type at least 50 words per minute.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings for Board Meetings, etc and occasional weekends for events, etc.
- Possess a valid California driver license with an excellent driving record and an insured vehicle.
- Committed to the mission of the agency with a thorough understanding of cultural competency.
- The hired candidate will adhere to CAB’s standard of upholding the agency’s mission, values and code of ethics.