Salary: $16.78 to $17.15 /hour
Position: North Coast Teen Center Coordinator
Program: Davenport Resource Service Center (DRSC)
Hours: 22 – 25 hours per week
Work Schedule: Monday-Thursday 3:30 p.m. -7:30 p.m., Friday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Rate of Pay: $16.78 – $17.15 per hour to start, depending on experience (with up to a 6% increase based on merit after 4 months).
Benefits: 24 pro-rated days annual leave to start and 12 paid holidays pro-rated.
Retirement plan (Eligible for 401K retirement plan after 6 months of service).
Reports to: DRSC Program Director
To Apply: Open until filled; send resumes and cover letters ASAP to Attention: Sergio Velazquez, Community Action Board, 406 Main St, Ste 207, Watsonville, CA 95076, or call (831) 724-3447.
GENERAL STATEMENT: The Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, Inc. (CAB) has six anti-poverty and community building programs throughout Santa Cruz County, California. The North Coast Teen Center Program Coordinator will coordinate the year-round activities of the North Coast Teen Center (NCTC) at CAB’s Davenport Resource Service Center (DRSC), including recreational, tutorial, and community service activities as well as a summer recreation program. CAB’s DRSC/North Coast Teen Center is located at 150 Church St., Davenport, CA 95017.
– Coordinate, conduct and oversee North Coast Teen Program services, including teen and family outreach and communication, ensuring that outcomes are met.
– Coordinate community volunteers to ensure adequate supervision/transportation of all North Coast Teen Program activities.
– Lead year-round activities for teens including summer recreation programs, tutoring, social and emotional health activities, community service activities and others as identified.
– Participate in fundraising for the NCTC and DRSC. Research, write and apply for funding grants and opportunities.
– Prepare check requests and oversee budget.
– Collect, maintain and provide records for necessary reporting to demonstrate program impacts.
– Create reports as directed.
– Oversee and perform outreach, public relations, advocacy and education to promote goals of the program and recruit youth participants.
– Attend related staff meetings, trainings and coalition meetings.
– Provide transportation for teens in the center van to and from the teen center and associated activities.
– Coordinate teen participation in Davenport Resource Service Center special events, such as the Cinco de Mayo Celebration, Winter Potluck, and Dia de los Muertos.
– BA preferred, but will accept related teen program experience.
– Minimum one year’s experience working with teens in the areas of tutoring, program activities, teaching and/or counseling/advising.
– Bilingual (Spanish/English) required.
– Organizational ability: experience in giving and following directions as well as keeping accurate records.
– Ability to collect data and write reports, statistical and narrative.
– Must have demonstrated experience in word processing and internet capabilities, and advanced computer knowledge is REQUIRED.
– Ability to work with a diverse community.
– Proof of clean driving record, current CA Driver’s License Class C and vehicle insurance and ability to pass a background check. Must possess a Class B Driver’s License at hire, or within 60 days of hire.
– Must have current CPR and Standard First Aid Certificate or conditional to acquire certification within 60 days of hire.
The hired candidate will adhere to CAB’s standard of upholding the agency’s mission, values and code of ethics through a commitment to confidentiality and communication.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, (cancer related), marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age (over 18), veteran status, gender, pregnancy, or any other non-merit factor unrelated to job duties.