Santa Cruz, CA
Salary: $17.50 to $18.50 /hour
Position: Job Dispatcher/Program Specialist
Program: Day Worker Center
Hours: 30 hours/week; including some weekends and evenings
Salary: $17.50-$18.50 range; up to 6% increase after 4 month performance evaluation.
Benefits: Medical, dental (employee only, employee pays half of dental), and life insurance, Vision and Retirement plan (401K plan after six month of employment), 24 days prorated annual leave to start, and 12 paid holidays per year
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Overview: The Day Worker Center (DWC) is one of the six component programs of the Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, Inc. (CAB), whose mission is to partner with the community to eliminate poverty and create social change through advocacy and essential services. The DWC exists to provide job readiness skills and job matches with dignified wages and conditions between Santa Cruz County day workers and employers, mostly local homeowners. It also provides individual and family support services for day workers. This position is responsible for the support of office operations, events, activities, implementation of procedures and resources to facilitate job matching opportunities of day workers, and to ensure high quality customer service for Day Worker and Center wellbeing. Specific responsibilities are fully described below.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the facilitation of job matching opportunities between employers and day workers using the Center’s established systems as outlined in the DWC’s Operations Manual.
- Interface with customers and clients including but not limited to employers, day workers, volunteers and neighbors. Inquiries may include all modes of communication, including: social media, email, in person, and phone inquiries during office walk-in hours, biweekly day worker orientation/registration process, Etc.
- Provide logistical support for all Center meetings and events such as Family Gatherings, fundraisers, special workshops, etc.
- Provide highly responsive customer service by processing job matches inquiries, concerns, questions, and complaints in a timely manner.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and supervision to ensure program needs are met.
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current. Monitor record-keeping and ensure security and confidentiality of data.
- Update and maintain a database of day workers, employers and volunteers. Prepare various reports from the database upon request.
- Responsible for all general office correspondence and office duties including but not limited to: Coordination of mid-size mailings using mail merge, monitoring and ordering of supplies, troubleshooting office equipment, computers issues and repairs, updating and maintaining the office voicemail system, and responsible for other administrative duties, including: photocopying, faxing and mailing letters and documents
- Performing internet research and writing projects as assigned.
- Assist to maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Assist with design and implementation of program evaluative strategies
- Ensure program objectives and impacts within scope of position are met for contract compliance
- Other duties as assigned.
* AA or BA degree in business or related field, minimum of three years of administrative experience or experience in office administration and or related equivalent experience
* Ability to implement operations and service delivery systems.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of people. Bilingual (English and Spanish, written and verbal),skills REQUIRED, with ability to translate documents, materials, etc. as needed.
* Able to explain and motivate others as to the Day Worker Center and CAB’s mission, processes and procedures.
* STRONG computer skills and system knowledge including Microsoft Word, Access and Excel.
* Ability to collect data and record it in a database and prepare statistical reports.
* Proven experience in building relationships with volunteers and community partners.
* Knowledge and familiarity with the Santa Cruz County network of health, social service and related agencies as well as geography, preferred.
* Ability to understand issues of Day Worker Centers including those of the Day Laborers and the employers.
* Knowledge of safe work procedures.
* Safe driving record and current California Driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
* Time management, planning and organizational skills
* Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
* Information gathering and monitoring
* Ability to work well under time constraints
* Teamwork and collaboration
*Clear Communication and conflict resolution skills
The hired candidate will adhere to CAB’s standard of upholding the agency’s mission, values and code of ethics through a commitment to confidentiality and communication.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (cancer related), marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age (over 18), veteran status, gender, pregnancy, or any other non-merit factor unrelated to job duties.