Salary: $30.00 to $32.00 /hour
· Job Announcement
Position: Housing Prevention and InterventionServices Director
Programs: Housing/Homelessprograms at the Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, Inc.
Hours: 37.5-40hours/week, including occasional weekends and evenings (Exempt)
Salary: $30- $32/hr with up to 6% increase based on merit after 4 month evaluation.
Benefits: Medical,dental (employee only, employee pays half of dental), and life insurance,Vision and Retirement plan (401K plan after six months of employment), 24 daysannual leave to start, and 12 paid holidays per year.
Reports to: Agency Assistant Director, Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, Inc.
To Apply: EmailResume and cover letter to KarenC@ cabinc.org or fax to (831) 724-3447, or mail to KarenChavez’s attention at the CommunityAction Board of Santa Cruz County, 406 Main Street, Suite 207, Watsonville, CA95076. Position open until filled.
Overview: The mission of the Community ActionBoard of Santa Cruz County, Inc. (CAB), is to partner with the community toeliminate poverty and create social change through advocacy and essentialservices. Thisposition provides overall management and direction for several housing/homelessand homelessness andovercrowding (“doubled/tripled up” in housing) prevention services atCAB, including the Rental Assistance Program (RAP), the Youth Homeless ResponseTeam (YHRT), and the Watsonville Works homeless employment experience program andis an integral part of the CAB leadership team, which includes representing the agency atvarious levels.
Basic Dutiesand Responsibilities:
· Responsible forthe implementation of the housing and homeless services programming (homeless, overcrowding & homelessnessprevention) and strategic planning for program and service deliverygrowth.
· Responsiblefor recruiting, supervising and training staff and volunteers.
· Supervises andmentors Coordinators and program supervisors.
· Formulates, manages,and monitors program budget.
· Creates andimplements Fund Development Plansincluding revenue creation and participates in obtaining funds/grants that willensure growth and expansion of service delivery, including grant writing.
· Ensures thesatisfactory execution of contracts and ensures contract goals are metincluding building and reinforcing community relationships.
· Understandsand provides leadership to ensure performance based supervision and outcomesbased service delivery model;
· Collects,maintains and prepares program and financial reports.
· Oversees andperforms outreach, public relations, advocacy and education to promote goals ofthe programs and works cooperatively with community, private, and public sectorpartners. Deals appropriately withdelicate and confidential matters.
· Dedicated tothe mission, vision and values of CAB.
· Responsiblefor coordinating/integrating all housing/homeless and homelessness prevention programmingwith overall CAB programs.
· Other dutiesas Assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Services
A. Oversees theoperation of on-going CAB housing/homeless and homelessness prevention programservices, projects, and activities. Ensures that service delivery is based onresearch based practices and performance based outcomes and maximizes theopportunity to integrate or bundle services with other CAB programs. Monitors contract compliance and program goalattainment.
B. Designs systems for and oversees the implementation of new programservices, projects, and activities as needed.
C. Coordinates and oversees activities for contract basedprojects within the framework of the mission statement, contractual policies,procedures, guidelines and budgets.
D. Ensures contract compliance for all program funding sourcesand monitors program outcomes. Maintains accurate documentation of programactivities including Medical Administrative Activities (MAA billing).
E. Arranges for and/or conducts training of staff, interns, andclients including implementation of consistent program staff meetings andparticipation in agency staff meetings and activities.
F. Provides direct client services as needed in regards to housing/homeless/homelessnessprevention services as well as information and referral to safety net healthand human services.
G. Responsiblefor the development of emerging program initiatives.
H. Provides positive oriented leadershipand navigation of agency transitions andprogram growth areas.
2. Fiscal Operations
A. Prepares budgets, monitors, and maintains fiscal records.Evaluates financial reports and recommends budget modifications.
B. Overseesthe proper and timely preparation and submittal of check requests, staff timesheets and MAA time surveys.
C. Creates and implements Fund Development Plans, identifies anddevelops new funding through such actions as grant writing, network building, & fund-raising. Expands revenue generating activities tosupport fund development.
D. Interfaceswith funding source contacts, attends meetings, represents CAB as part ofcounty wide initiatives or workshops as needed.
A. Overseesthe maintenance of program activity statistics and data collection systems/database(s).
B. Prepares monthly/quarterly/annual reports. Prepares materials for annual report andaudit.
C. Ensuresmonthly board reports are completed and submitted on a timely basis.
4. Outreach, PublicRelations, Advocacy, Education
A. Overseesand/or establishes outreach contacts with related agencies, groups, individualsand stakeholders to ensure program goals are met and opportunities for programgrowth and expansion are maximized.
B. Producesand/or organizes educational materials, PSA’s and press releases.
C. Representsthe program to agency staff and directors as well as the public and agencypartners.
5. Overall CAB Leadership
A. Participates in the CABLeadership team, supports overall agency mission, vision, and core values.
B. Supportsagency events, activities, and meetings; ensures program is represented incommunity, local, and state networks, as needed.
C. Mentorsand provides leadership development to housing/homeless services employees.
· BA or BS in Sociology, Psychology, Community Studies or related fieldOR Four years of demonstrated experience working in nonprofit management,preferably in housing/homeless services and/or vulnerable populations orcomparable experience REQUIRED.
· Excellentsupervisory, organizational and project management skills.
· Experiencewith outcomes based and performance based management and contract compliance.
· Ability toimplement and manage operations and service delivery systems.
· Ability tocommunicate effectively with others (oral/written).
· Bilingual/Biliterate(English and Spanish), PREFERRED.
· Able toexplain and motivate others as to CAB’s and its housing/homeless services’ mission,processes and procedures.
· Able toperform program planning, budget management and personnel administration.
· Strong computer skills and system knowledge includingMicrosoft Office Suite Word, Power Point,Access, Excel and Outlook/365.
· Ability tocollect and manage data and prepare reports, both qualitative and quantitative.
· Knowledgeand familiarity with the Santa Cruz County network of housing, health, socialservice, and related agencies as well as geography preferred.
· Understandingissues of housing and homelessness, including poverty and cultural competency.
· Demonstratedknowledge and ability to effectively utilize conflict resolution techniques.
· Knowledge ofsafe work procedures.
· Knowledgeand demonstrated experience in fund development and fund raising.
· Comprehensiveunderstanding of the diverse low-income community CAB serves, includingimmigrants/farmworkers, those transitioning from welfare to work, etc.
· Safe drivingrecord, current California driver’s license, vehicle and proof of vehicleinsurance, REQUIRED.
The hired candidate will adhere to CAB’s standard of upholding theagency’s mission, values and code of ethics through a commitment toconfidentiality and communication.
COMMUNITY ACTION BOARD OF SANTA CRUZ COUNTY, Inc. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
A*pplicants*shallnotb*e*discriminatedagainstbecause*of*age, ancestry, color, religiouscreed,denialof Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical),marital,familialor parental status, medical condition, genetic information, military andV*eteran*status,nationalorigin(includinglanguage*use*restrictions),race,sex (whichincludespregnancy,childbirth,breastfeedingandm*e*dicalconditionsrelatedto pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding),gender, gender identity, and genderexpression,politicalaffiliationor sexual orientation.6/19