Salary: $17.00 to $18.00 /hour
POSITION: Program Coordinator
LOCATION: Davenport Resource Service Center, 150 Church St., Davenport, CA 95017
REPORTS TO: Program Director
HOURS/STATUS: 35-40 hours per week
SALARY: $17-18/ hr. to start; eligible for an up to 6% increase based on merit after 4 months;
BENEFITS: medical, dental and life insurance (employee only, employee pays half of dental insurance); 24 days of paid time off/sick leave per year; 12 paid holidays per year; retirement and vision plan (retirement after 6 months)
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume to CAB’s Executive Advancement and Administrative Specialist, Sergio Velazquez via Indeed
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Program Coordinator supports the Program Director with the daily operations of the Davenport Resource Service Center (DRSC) and has general and specific responsibilities. The Coordinator must have an understanding and adhere to CAB’s mission, vision, and values and will support, and be part of CAB’s leadership team, which includes representing the agency at various levels. DRSC is the only resource service center on the rurally isolated and diverse north coast of Santa Cruz County, and serves youth/teens, adults, seniors and families, including immigrants and farmworkers and their families through food distribution, youth and senior programming, and information and resource coordination and referral.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support in the implementation and management of program grants including:
- creating forms, intakes, surveys, timelines, and prepare related grant reports;
- train and support staff on grant management, and record-keeping to ensure outcomes and deadlines are met;
- maintain physical and electronic records of grants and program documents;
- Provide administrative support including:
- clerical support; prepare check requests, set-up appointments, purchase program and event supplies; facilitate meetings, troubleshoot, and substitute for other programs as needed.
- provide strong customer service through respectful and efficient service delivery.
- Provide project-based support including:
- conducting community outreach, attend agency meetings, conduct donor outreach, fundraising and cultural events, staff meetings, and support Center’s immigration legal services program;
- Provide conflict resolution support including:
- Capacity to recognize and respond to important matters, be aware of team goals and priorities, facilitate communication, and offer solutions to potential conflicts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide direct services including:
- form-assistance (public-benefits forms, unemployment insurance, Medi-Cal, Cal Fresh, school forms), and information and referral;
- collect and distribute seasonal gifts, backpacks, and donations at the Center.
- Coordinate and expand the Center’s Family Food Program including:
- The center’s food pantry, Center-based food distribution and food distribution to the local ranches; center-based Gray Bears (food for seniors) distribution and prepare periodic reports.
- Coordinate and expand the Center’s Senior Services Program including:
- center-based senior case management, bi-monthly senior potluck, keep records and case management forms, attend related meetings and trainings, and prepare periodic reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services, sociology or related field and/or equivalent experience (2 years in program or customer service preferably with a non-profit organization);
- Ability to analyze, organize, prioritize and create actions plans to accomplish tasks, and be able to produce professional, detailed reports and projects in a timely manner;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to project a professional demeanor, and to work with a variety of people and cultures;
- Bilingual and biliterate (able to speak, read and write English/Spanish) REQUIRED;
- Proficient in computer software programs including Microsoft Office Suite; calendaring and email programs.
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours;
- Have a current CA driver’s license, vehicle insurance, vehicle and, excellent driving record, REQUIRED.
- Familiarity with the Santa Cruz North Coast;
- Conflict resolution skills;
- Experience working with farmworkers, seniors, and/or low-income persons;
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Santa Cruz County network of health, legal, and social services;
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 and cloud-based data storage.
The hired candidate will adhere to CAB’s standard of upholding the agency’s mission, values and code of ethics through a commitment to confidentiality and communication.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (cancer related), marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age (over 18), veteran status, gender, pregnancy, or any other non-merit factor unrelated to job duties. AA/EOE 6/19