Watsonville, CA 95076
Salary: $19.00 to $20.00 /hour
Our mission is to partner with the community to eliminate poverty and create social change through
advocacy and essential services
CAB’s Luna y Sol Familia Center: 1430 Freedom Blvd. Watsonville, CA 95076
Luna y Sol Operations Manager
37.5 hrs. per week, generally Monday to Friday 12-8pm
$19-$20 per hour
Medical (some employee share of cost, depending on plan selected), dental (employee pays half of dental), vision plan and life insurance, 24 days annual leave to start and 12 paid holidays,
prorated to time worked, Retirement Plan (401K) after 6 months.
TO APPLY: Submit resume and cover letter ASAP to Ruben Prieto (831) 724-3447 RubenP @cabinc.org or on Indeed.com. Position open until filled.
Overview: CAB’s employment program, Alcance, is one of the six component programs of the Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, Inc. Alcance provides adult and youth alternative to incarceration, re-entry, and workforce development services through the provision of employment readiness, training, mentoring and placement/job matching. In each of these service areas, the program follows a strengths-based, and outcomes approach and integrates evidence-based practices from criminal justice research, advancing employment as one of the most important vehicles for hastening offender reintegration, improving employment placements for the under-resourced, and improving community functioning for participants. Alcance’s Youth Programs are focused on addressing gaps in how the community supports youth and young adults that have been harmed by poverty and violence through providing culturally respectful services designed to increase youth wellbeing and safety, reduce harm, and build assets.
The Luna y Sol Familia Center serves South County Latinx youth, predominately males ages 12-17 at risk of justice system involvement (prevention cohort) or justice-involved (diversion cohort). Additionally, it will provide services to families including parent/guardians and younger siblings such as linkages to basic necessities, wellness programs (restorative justice practices, substance use, and mental health), education/career exploration, economic opportunities, community engagement/leadership, family support/parenting workshops) and establish strong partnerships with probation, law enforcement and community-based organization partners, etc. The center is currently funded by a three-year grant.
The Administrative/Data Analyst position will provide administrative, organizational, and operational services at the Luna y Sol Familia Center, including supporting with collection of youth and families participation data for program evaluation and reporting purposes including pre/post assessments, program intakes, program exits, and ongoing data collection. Data will be tracked in excel documents for the purpose of analyzing information clearly and efficiently. Must be able to prepare informational PowerPoint presentations and provide detailed written and verbal reports quarterly and as needed.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Administrative/Data Analyst needs a working knowledge of common general-office and Microsoft Office computer applications and how to create documents, letters, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations using them.
- Maintain accurate data collection for evaluation purposes regarding program activities, youth and families participation in program and follow up tracking.
- Responsible for providing administrative assistance including clerical support, data entry, record-keeping, assisting with reports to funders, correspondence, and maintenance of electronic and physical client files; under direction, creating fliers, PowerPoint presentations and social media postings.
- Responsible for assisting youth and families with forms, translation, advocacy, outreach, and referrals as needed.
- Responsible for assisting in providing outreach and recruitment services to area low-income at-risk youth and families, including in-person, virtual, phone/Zoom, and social media.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate data, including local schools and probation department.
- Assist with Luna y Sol programming as needed, including Joven Noble, Xinachtli, Financial literacy, job readiness, community engagement activities, intake, and assessment screenings.
- Accurate communication with community partners regarding Luna y Sol programming such as services provided to families and youth including number of referrals, client data, and workshop facilitation pre/post surveys.
- Assist with data collection and support with pop up activities to outreach to youth and families.
- Attend related meetings, take meeting minutes as needed, and assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- AA degree and/or equivalent of 2 years of administrative, data collection/analysis, and/or related experience.
- Bilingual/biliterate (Able to speak, read, and write English/Spanish) REQUIRED; bicultural preferred.
- Ability to assist in the oversight of program service delivery, contract compliance, and impacts are met.
- Supports the Operations Manager with daily operations of the Alcance Luna y Sol Familia Center
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite/Office 365 (Word, Access, Teams, PPT, etc.); ability to keyboard 40 wpm.
- Excellent organizational, customer service and verbal and written communication skills (English and Spanish).
- Strong initiative and willingness to pitch in as needed. Outstanding follow-through with tasks.
- The ability to work cooperatively, respectfully, and non-judgmentally with diverse cultures, ages, and interests.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Santa Cruz County network of health, social service, and related agencies.
- Ability to work evening hours on a weekly basis and occasional weekend hours if needed.
- DMV printout stating safe driving record, current CA driver’s license and insured vehicle REQUIRED.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, reach and routinely safely lift to 25 pounds.
- Ability to pass background check to work with youth.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Assist in monitoring and tracking all program objectives and outcomes to ensure program goals are met and prepare programmatic reports as needed.
- Communicate with project partners and other community members/organizations about program activities and objectives.
- Assist with overseeing and ensuring proper expenditures related to employment programming, supplies, client assistance and other operating expenses.
- Assist in monitoring program/staff compliance with all CAB policies, procedures, and safe work practices.
- Assists in oversight of contract youth and family activities, including workshops and activities provided either in the office or in community settings and capacity building for staff, interns, volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
The hired candidate will adhere to CAB’s standard of upholding the agency’s mission, values, and code of ethics through a commitment to confidentiality and communication.
NOTE: The position is currently funded by a three-year grant.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (cancer-related), marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age (over 18), veteran status, gender, pregnancy, or any other non-merit factors unrelated to job duties. AA/EOE 10/2020