Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
Position: Case Manager (Bilingual Required-English/Spanish)
Program: CAB Housing/Homelessness Programs– Rental Assistance Program
Location: Office located in Watsonville, CA, but will provide services/attend meetings throughout County
Hours: 30 hours per week
Salary: $16-$18/hr to start; up to 6% increase based on merit after 4 month review
Benefits: Medical, vision, life, dental (employee pays half of dental) insurance, Retirement plan (401K plan after six months), 24 days annual leave to start, and 12 paid holidays per year (prorated to time worked).
Reports to: Rental Assistance Program Coordinator, Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, Inc.
To Apply: Email Resume and cover letter via Indeed or mail to Karen Chavez’s attention at the Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, 406 Main Street, Suite 207, Watsonville, CA 95076.
Position open until filled.
Note: Selected applicants must be available to complete employment application in person before receiving invitation to interview.
Overview: CAB’s Housing and Homeless/Homelessness Prevention programs are a core component of the Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, Inc. and include the Youth Homeless Response Team, Watsonville Works! Experience Program and the Rental Assistance Program which provides rental assistance to prevent eviction and homelessness, along with case management and financial literacy/capability support to ensure long term housing stability for low-income families, seniors and those with disabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities Summary:
Using a Housing First, low barrier approach, conduct outreach and determine income and other eligibility criteria, process rental assistance applications and intake documents, interact with clients and landlords and offer and provide upon request, case management and financial literacy/capability support to ensure long term housing stability for low-income families, seniors and those with disabilities in Santa Cruz County. Enter client data to ensure program and contract reporting and compliance requirements are met.
- Provide both in-office and outreach, case management, assessing varying client populations for eligibility according to program guidelines for the Rent Assistance to avoid eviction program, applying casework skills to identify clients’ strengths and needs, gathering information and managing assigned caseloads.
- Assist clients by providing information and referrals and developing housing stability plans according to client choice.
- Provide health, Medi-Cal and CalFRESH outreach, information, referral, eligibility, and access assistance as needed by participants.
- Provide culturally appropriate services.
- Communicate effectively in both written and oral form (Spanish/English).
- Support the goals and standards of CAB and the Rental Assistance Program.
- Ability to deal with individuals in trauma (including aggressive or sad behavior) when necessary.
- Gather statistical information for reporting purposes.
- Perform data entry including HMIS data entry requirements.
- Participate in meetings and outreach events/activities as needed and assigned. Collaborate with partners for referrals and service coordination.
- Maintain accurate financial and programmatic records using Microsoft Excel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual and biliterate (Spanish/English) REQUIRED.
- One year eligibility/case management experience (paid or volunteer) REQUIRED.
- Human/Social Services Coursework, A.A. or B.A. in Social Work or related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Basic math and map reading skills and the ability to keep accurate records REQUIRED.
- Culturally competent and interested in working with diverse vulnerably housed persons.
- Commitment to non-judgmental, housing first service provision and empowering client choice.
- Some lived experience and or training in motivational interviewing and trauma informed care preferred.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office Suite and Outlook) REQUIRED. Experience with HMIS Preferred.
- Clean driving record, current DL, vehicle & vehicle insurance REQUIRED.
The hired candidate will adhere to CAB’s standard of upholding the agency’s mission, values and code of ethics through a commitment to confidentiality and communication.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (cancer related), marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age (over 18), veteran status, gender, pregnancy, or any other non-merit factors unrelated to job duties.