Salary: $20.00 to $23.00 /hour
Job Announcement _______________________________________________________________________________
Position: Executive Administrative and Advancement Specialist
Location: CAB Watsonville Office: 406 Main Street, Watsonville
Hours per week: 35-40 hours per week, including occasional weekends and evenings
Salary Range: $20.00 – $23.00/per hour
Benefits: Medical, dental (employee only, employee pays half of dental), and life insurance, Vision and Retirement plan (401K plan after six month of employment), 24 days annual leave to start, and 12 paid holidays per year.
Reports to: CAB Executive Director
Start Date: Position expected to start by full time by 12/1/19, with training shifts starting in November 2019.
Overview: The Executive Administrative and Advancement Specialist position provides direct support to the Executive Director (ED) and the Agency’s Executive and Leadership Team and CAB Board through the provision of comprehensive administrative, organizational and advancement/development support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Administration Support Duties:
- Provide high-level, confidential, efficient and comprehensive administrative support to the office of the ED; create and maintain strong organizational systems for ED, manage busy ED Outlook Calendar and emails travel arrangements, and organized document filing, including the introduction of paperless systems, whenever possible.
- Clearly, quickly and efficiently communicate in person, via phone and email with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of ED. Use strong judgment and analysis skills and anticipate ED and Board needs. Keep ED and designees regularly updated regarding progress and completion of work.
- Manage multiple priorities and high-level tasks while meeting critical deadlines in a very fast paced environment.
- Perform a wide variety of highly responsible and complex secretarial duties with speed and accuracy
- Knowledge of: proper office methods, techniques, and practices including filing systems, customer service and business correspondence
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and prioritize assigned tasks to meet established timelines
- Analyze documents, data, and situations and take appropriate action at times without immediate supervision
- Orients new employees in the Administrative Offices regarding office protocol, machines, software, and staff introduction; trains new interns on policies and procedures, use of equipment and variety of software
- Ensures support to the ED for non-profit 15-member Board of Director needs, including: assisting with preparation of Board and committee agendas, generating board informational packets, taking board minutes, setting up/cleaning up of board meetings, ordering and picking up food, and general correspondence.
- Accurate dictation with speed and accuracy
- Edits and compiles Monthly program for Board of Director Meeting Packets.
- Provide clerical, administrative, and project-based support; may include scheduling meetings, handling information requests from the leadership team, filing, preparing reports, organizational support, and meeting preparation and follow up.
· Interact with agency donors, visitors, and partners in person and by phone and e-mail, and provide information/referral for those seeking general or specific social service needs. Provides strong client service through respectful and efficient service delivery.
· Interact with vendors, contract technical assistance providers, and assist staff with equipment and technical issues, such as: computer, copier/printer, phone, etc.
· Provide human resources support to agency including assisting with recruitments, on- boarding and exiting of staff.
· Shop for materials and food for agency meetings and events and set up and clean up for meetings and events.
· Complete and submit travel expenses and reimbursements requests for ED as well as general expenses check requests
- Performs special projects or research assignments at the request of the ED, Directors and Board.
- Acts as Department electronic trouble-shooter
· Other duties as assigned.
- Function as agency point person for update of the agency Strategic Plan and annual Organizational Standards review; lead meetings, formulate and support steering committee and action teams, create timelines, ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure agency advancement and outreach materials are updated, consistent, standardized and aligned with agency branding efforts. Ensure that all agency materials are translated appropriately per approved procedures and are well organized for all agency program staff to access and use.
- Support volunteer management for the agency, provide supervision to administrative volunteers and lead outreach efforts, train and supervise as needed.
- Provide support and lead special projects, events and agency advancement efforts which may include:
- Promotional materials: the agency annual report, newsletters, brochures, donor correspondence (both electronic and “hard copy”), website and social media management.
- Client satisfaction survey results, Community Action Plan initiatives, and organizational standards, as needed.
- Special events and advancement initiatives may include but are not limited to fundraisers, community workshops, open houses and agency meetings and agency presentations.
- Serve as the liaison and staff support to the Board’s Advancement Committee, attend meetings, promote advancement goals.
- Design and produce social media content for CAB’s social media channels including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Serve as the lead for yearly fundraising campaigns including: Human Race Santa Cruz County, #GivingTuesday, CAB’s Year-End Ask, etc.
- Coordinate donor recognition/tracking process including: drafting thank you letters, online recognition, entering and tracking donations in database.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment with tight deadlines and produce professional, detailed projects in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Non-Profits and local government operations, policies and procedures
- Ability to quickly create and maintain organizational systems, analyze situations, prioritize, and create action plans to accomplish multiple time sensitive and at times confidential tasks in a timely manner.
- Bilingual/Bi-literate required; excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Spanish.
- Understand and support the agency mission with a strong understanding of confidentiality and cultural competency.
- Ability to serve and provide strong customer service skills to all CAB stakeholders, including Board Members, staff, volunteers, donors, funders and community partners.
- Excellent computer knowledge including: all aspects of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher), Office 365, Adobe Acrobat Pro, donor database software, web page creation and maintenance through WordPress, and social media sites/applications (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube).
- Ability to produce marketing materials using graphic design software such as Canva, and online marketing programs such as Constant Contact. Familiarity with fund development and agency advancement processes.
- Ability to project a professional demeanor and competently deliver presentations.
- Ability to type at least 55 words per minute.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Valid California driver license with an excellent driving record and an insured vehicle.
- BA preferred in social services, psychology, sociology or related field and/or equivalent experience
(3 years) in high level Administrative/Executive Assistant role.
The hired candidate will adhere to CAB’s standard of upholding the agency’s mission, values and code of ethics through a commitment to confidentiality and communication.
This position is categorically funded by grants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (cancer related), marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age (over 18), veteran status, gender, gender expression, pregnancy, or any other non-merit factor unrelated to job duties. AA/EOE