Watsonville, CA 95076
Salary: $20.00 to $21.00 /hour
Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County, Inc.
406 Main Street, Suite #207, Watsonville, CA 95076*831-763-2147 – (fax) 831-724-3447
Job Announcement – Internal Recruitment
Position: Job Developer
Location: CAB Watsonville Office: 406 Main Street, Watsonville
Hours per week: 40 hours per week, including occasional weekends and evenings
Salary Range: $20- $21/per hour
Benefits: Medical (some employee share of cost, depending on plan selected), dental
(employee pays half of dental), vision plan and life insurance, 24 days annual leave to start and 12 paid holidays, Retirement Plan (401K) after 6 months.
Reports to: Employment Programs Director
Apply to: E-mail resume and cover letter to Ruben Prieto at RubenP @cabinc.org.
Overview: Alcance Program is one of the six component programs of the Community Action Board of Santa
Cruz County, Inc. (CAB). CAB’s mission is to partner with the community to eliminate poverty and create social change through advocacy and essential services. This program provides adult and youth alternatives to incarceration, re-entry, and workforce development services for those transitioning from welfare to work through the provision of employment readiness, training, mentoring and placement. In each of these service areas, the program follows a strengths-based, and outcomes/sales approach and integrates evidence based practices from workforce development and criminal justice research, advancing employment as one of the most important vehicles for promoting self-sufficiency for under-resourced participants.
Under the direction of the Programs Director, the Job Developer will establish and maintain relationships with employers that provide employment opportunities for low-income older youth
(18-24) and adults (18 and over), ensuring successful employment outcomes.
1) Establish linkages with employers to develop subsidized and unsubsidized job opportunities; 2) works with local employers, business and community organizations to ensure successful placements for participants/clients and employers. The position markets the CAB SmartHIRE employment program for older youth and adults. 3) Facilitates staff weekly client update meetings, 4) Data collection tracking and reporting. This position is funded through grants. Involves use of own automobile and may include transportation of participants/clients, following safety protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Seek out and communicate with local employers for job leads and to develop community-based work for CAB/SmartHIRE participants/clients.
• Work in conjunction with other CAB staff and County CalWORKs staff to identify appropriate participant and business employment matches.
• Meet with CAB program staff and other partner agencies concerning work site analyses, job analyses, placements and other matters related to creating successful employment for participants/clients.
• Distribute client referrals to other CAB employment staff.
• Review client resumes
• Facilitate job readiness and employer engagement workshops
• Problem solve difficult client situations
• Data Collection and client job placement and retention reporting
• Keep partners and funding sources up to date about client referrals and progress
• Maintain employer files and current contact information
• Write administrative and progress reports regarding employer satisfaction and track client progress and employer satisfaction to produce reports and ensure program outcomes are met.
• Process employer reimbursement wages, upon collection of timecards
• Data tracking of client job performance (timecard, 3 and 6 month)
• Motivate clients and staff in the job placement and client follow up process
• Attend county meetings with funders
• Program reporting, including monthly reports to CAB Board of Directors
• Operation of office machines including computer workstation.
• Provide health and Medi-Cal outreach, information, referral, eligibility, and access assistance as needed by participants/employers.
• Track time to comply with MAA requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
-Job development and job placement techniques with older youth (18-24) and adults.
-Local employment market, community resources and organizations.
-Job content and employment qualifications for various occupations.
-Vocational education programs.
-Career information sources.
-Successful marketing techniques and practices.
-Santa Cruz County businesses, agencies, & organizations providing employment assistance to individuals.
-Job restructuring and vocational assessment methods.
-Job search and interview skills; proficient computer skills – MS Office Suite.
-City, State and Federal laws, regulations, and codes related to employment and Equal Employment
Opportunity and The American with Disabilities Act.
-Motivate employers to become involved with program and maintain good relationships with employers/staff
-Match individuals to jobs openings.
-Ability to effectively speak in public, facilitate groups/classes/meetings and tactfully give and obtain information
-Work effectively with individuals from a variety of educational, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds and with various backgrounds and special needs in a culturally competent manner.
-Understand and accurately explain and apply eligibility requirements related to special programs.
-Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; written and verbal English/Spanish proficiency REQUIRED.
-Exercise sound judgment and multi-task.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
AA or BA degree in business, marketing, psychology or related field desired or equivalent experience or background preferred. Demonstrated professional experience in job development preferred.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
California driver’s license, clean driving record, proof of insurance and automobile REQUIRED.
This position is categorically funded by grants. A decision will be made prior to the following grant cycle regarding continuation of the position. The hired candidate will adhere to CAB’s standard of upholding the agency’s mission, values and code of ethics through a commitment to confidentiality and communication.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (cancer related), marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age (over 18), veteran status, gender, pregnancy, or any other non-merit factor unrelated to job duties. AA/EOE