The Rental Assistance Program (RAP) servers low income families with children or disabled and elderly (60 tears or olders) households.
The Rental Assistance Program is an eviction prevention program and offers rental/mortgage assistance to Santa Cruz County residents faced with an eviction notice:
Eligibility determination is completed at both our Santa Cruz and Watsonville offices, by appointment.
A person who is eligible:
- Must be a resident of Santa Cruz County
- Must have proof that aid will prevent eviction;
- Must provide an eviction notice from their landlord or a foreclosure notice from their bank or lending institution, if the client is homeowner;
- Must have no other resources available;
- Income must not exceed 130% of Poverty Guidelines for households in Scotts Valley, and Watsonville. For households in the Unincorporated areas of the county, and the City of Santa Cruz, the income limit is 200% of Poverty Guidelines as defined by the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Must be disabled single, elderly, or a household with children.
How to Apply
To apply for rent/mortgage assistance, please call or visit one of our offices to schedule an appointment:
Rental Assistance Program
406 Main St. Suite 221
Watsonville, CA 95076
Watsonville: (831)763-2147 ext. 210
Santa Cruz: (831) 457-1741
Program Contact Information
(831)763-2147 ext. 210